The Fallback by Mariah Dietz
My Madness Level : Crazy Madness
How much of a Madness : I started this blog again because of this book.
What bring the Madness :
- From the first chapter the heartbreak feels so real.
- This book is about how to move on and as person who hates any confrontation (I’d rather forget), I’m behind Brooke one hundred percent (although it’s a bit like running from the past).
- How difficult it is to learn to trust people again.
- The joy of just enjoying life (flirting, new adventures, hang out with bestie)
- The Friendship between Brooke and Felicity (I really need a Felicity in my life), their connection warms my heart and got me laugh a lot
- Levi, well that man’s patient really stole my heart.
What Madness I don’t like : Brooke’s stubbornness (I want to slap some senses to this girl sometimes).
Level of this Madness Recommendation : YOU MUST READ THIS BOOK.
Where to buy this Madness :
My Madness Review : Goodreads
The Blurb :
I thought being dumped was painful.
And it was.
Trust is more fragile than hope, and maybe even fear.
And it wasn’t the only thing left damaged. My heart and my ego were dragged through the mud as well.
But, I’m collecting the pieces.
Or I was, until I learned the guy who has stolen my thoughts and attention is a client who my often eccentric and demanding boss personally assigned to me. As one of the most sought after event planners in Chicago, I’m determined to keep things professional, especially when I learn his connection to my boss extends beyond money or a favor—but family.
With one glance I forget reason
He smiles, and I lose sense.
But how deep is my past buried?
And how much are we willing to sacrifice?