Paladin’s Kiss (Elemental Covenant #3)
My Madness Level : Strong Madness
How much of a Madness : It’s so fun to read I lost track of time.
What brings the Madness :
- The action of course, vampire with power according to their elemental wether it’s fire, wind, earth or water, it’s just so cool.
- The banter, I loveeeeee the banter between all the main characters, they make me laugh and love how they protect and help each other..
- The relationship between each couple. But the spotlight is on Brigid and Carwyn, I loveee how they calm each other and how they’re stronger when they’re together, I know it sounds cheesy but what can I say, it’s just too adorable. The teasing and flirting is just too cute between these two.
- The dynamic between human and vampires. Love the concept of the human is under protection of their aegis, it shows that vampires also need the human and will protect them too, means human is not defenseless and even though vampire is so powerfull, the human doesn’t have to be scared of the vampires.
- The steaminess, it’s a vampire story so I expect nothing less in the hotness stuff.
- It’s an easy-to-read page-turner fun full of action paranormal urban fantasy about vampires.
What Madness I don’t like :it’s predictable, I can guess who’s the culprit quite early, but it doesn’t take away all the fun.
Level of this Madness Recommendation : highly recommended read especially if you’re craving for a fun vampire story.
Where to buy this Madness :
My Madness Review : Goodreads
The Blurb :
It’s the vampire wedding of the century… and maybe the end of an empire. The upper echelons of immortal society have gathered in New Orleans, all of them curious to witness the joining of Gavin Wallace, the immortal business mogul, to the human woman who captured his heart. But behind the facade of immortal revelry, New Orleans is a city teeming with old rivalries, political maneuvering, and twisted secrets. Invited to the marriage ceremony of their two old friends, Carwyn ap Bryn and Brigid Connor venture south, ready to relax in the company of Marie-Hélène Charmont, the vampire queen of the Delta, and four hundred of her esteemed immortal guests. But when Gavin asks Brigid and Carwyn to look into a mysterious man stalking his human employees, they’re unprepared for the tangled web of deception they uncover. Tug on the wrong string and centuries-old alliances might fall apart. In a tenuously balanced society full of apex predators, even one slip can prove disastrous.