Rachel, Out of Office
My Madness Level : Strong Madness
How much of a Madness : I smiled and laughed a lot with this book, really lighten up my day when I had a very crappy day.
What brings the Madness :
- It’s a rom-com with a dash of forbidden romance. A single-mom of eight years old twins and two cute golden retriever puppies and her ex-brother-in law, but not only that, there’s also a meddling ex-mother-in-law, and her ex-husband and his fiancee, lots of pop tarts, margaritas and wonderful quirky friends that always supporting.
- Rachel, she’s the star in this book, I’m on Rachel’s side and root for her HEA since the first chapter, I admire this resilient strong woman, whatever life throws at her, she’s always swinging back, she has doubts and insecurities, but she handles it like a champ.
- Travis, yessssss this man, he’s trying to be better for Rachel, he might comes from a bad boy phase, but damn I admire his determination to prove that his a capable man, that he’s a perfect man for Rachel.
- All the other characters, some loveable, some I just wanted to punch them in the face.
- The twins, the boys are so adorable and cute.
- Puppies, well who doesn’t love puppies?!?
What Madness I don’t like : None, but I wished Gavin suffer more ahhahaha.
Level of this Madness Recommendation : TOTALLY RECOMMENDED FOR ROM-COM READERS.
Where to buy this Madness :
My Madness Review : Goodreads
The Blurb :
Single mom Rachel Gibson seriously needs a break. Between an absent ex-husband, rowdy twin boys, and running her own work-from-home business, her candle isn't just burning at both ends, it's a full-blown puddle of wax. She's the go-to girl for other entrepreneurs, handling all the tasks they dread. Social media posts? She's got it. Website updates? She's on it. Light bookkeeping? She loves it. Thank goodness Rachel’s about to get a reprieve, as her former in-laws plan to whisk her boys away for a summer of fun at the family lake house. But when her ex backs out at the last minute, she finds herself in a pickle. Even though she's drowning in to-dos, she's horrible at saying no—especially when it comes to providing some stability for her kids. Once Rachel arrives at the lake house, she struggles to keep up with work and balance the demands of family, all the while fending off pesky new feelings for her ex-brother-in-law. Which makes her wonder... is falling for her ex-husband's brother just one more messy complication added to the dumpster fire of her life? Or is anything possible when she's out of office…?