Gotta Be Bayou (Badges of the Bayou #1)
My Madness Level : High Madness
How much of a Madness : I devoured it on a super busy stressful days.
What brings the Madness :
- A fun light steamy romance read. It’s a busy week for me, so this book is definitely what I need.
- A cute grumpy sunshine forced proximity with a tiny dash of enemies to lovers mixed with small town romance story, yup that’s a lot of tropes and I love those tropes, so therefore a perfect read for me.
- The camaraderie of the people on the Louisiana Bayou and the brotherhood between those boys with badges, this one became heartwarming adorable entertaining story.
- The steaminess is off the roof.
- It has cute dogs and baby goats and miniature cow, so yeah it is cute.
- The main characters, I love Spencer, an overprotective possessive FBI agent, what’s not to like, right? Love Max too, she’s very independent, and I love how these two heal each other and how they willing to change for their future, love this couple.
- The other boys with badges, can’t wait to read their own story.
What Madness I don’t like : Lots of redundant things and the recklesness pretty annoying for me considering they’re all boys with badges, but still entertaining though.
Level of this Madness Recommendation : If you’re looking for a fun cute steamy read, you need to try this one.
Where to buy this Madness :
My Madness Review : Goodreads
The Blurb :
How do you get over a woman you never should have been, ahem, under in the first place? Just when FBI special agent Spencer Landry had decided to forget about investigative journalist Maxine — Max — Keller and their one hot night together, there's a threat made against her and Spencer's protective instincts get all riled up. Again. So now they're shacking up on the Louisiana bayou and pretending to be in love so he can keep Max safe until the guy is apprehended. Considering their chemistry and that he cannot stop thinking about the gorgeous-and-doesn't-know-it, smart-mouthed, bold-and-yet-vulnerable redhead, this could be a fun few days, right? Nope. She's all wrong for him. And she hasn't forgotten he can be kind of a jerk. Sure, the naked-times are great, but he told her exactly what he wants — a bubbly, sweet school teacher who bakes him brownies and loves to cuddle — and Max ain't it. Max not only doesn't bake, no one has ever called her sweet. And cuddling? Shudder. Plus his bossiness is super annoying for someone who's been taking care of herself all her life. But now they're stuck together and dammit, besides being hot and very good with his mouth, Spencer is pretty irresistible with baby goats, little kids, and attempts at baking. And don't forget alpha-protective. All of which makes her stomach feel very swoop-y. No wonder her clothes keep falling off. But this is a temporary situation and they're only faking it. So falling for the guy is a terrible idea. She really should have kept that in mind.